I dedicate this blog post to my sister who is the world’s biggest Hrithik Roshan fan.
In my opinion, there are a few Bollywood actors who make really thought-provoking movies. When I start to think about the actors that do, Hrithik Roshan is a name that does spring to mind. I recently had the chance to attend a press conference for his upcoming film Mohenjo Daro. The film is directed by Oscar-nominated director Ashutosh Gowariker (nominated for Lagaan in the best foreign film category).
The film is set during the Pre-historic Indus Valley. In 2016 BC, the evil greed of a man is about to destroy one of the oldest cities in the ancient world, Mohenjo Daro. A young indigo farmer, Sarman, enters the city and meets Chaani, the daughter of the Priest, predicted to be the Origin of a New Society. Sarman, in his attempt to win Chaani’s love, uncovers the secrets nobody was ever supposed to know – about Chaani, about Mohenjo Daro and about his own past! MOHENJO DARO is a story of an ancient love and our past, present and future.
Here is a link to the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPZ5FKEB02I
Here are a few pictures from the day:
Anyway going back to Hrithik, here are my top 9 reasons why I love Hrithik (actually my sister loves him more).
- He is a greek-god – pictorial evidence is key in this reason so I’m going to refer you to this website http://www.vagabomb.com/Reasons-We-Will-Always-Have-a-Crush-on-Hrithik-Roshan/
- He can actually act – films like Guzaarish, Koi Mil Gaya and Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara prove the extent of his acting abilities
- He’s one of us – Hrithik had a stammer when he was young, is recently divorced, has two thumbs on his right hand and this makes him even more lovable to know that he goes through everything we do
- He isn’t afraid to experiment – I mean not many actors can play a super hero, villain, hot-shot banker and a disabled man with such ease
- He’s a family man – he dotes on his boys and this is shown in what we hear about him in his personal life
- He promotes a healthy life – he works out a lot (just check out his abs!) and promotes a healthy lifestyle with his HRX brand
- He’s single – do I need to say more single ladies?
- He is down to earth – whenever you see an interview with Hrithik he is always smiling and speaks with positivity, this is an inspiration to us all
- The man can dance! – Check out Tu Meri from Bang Bang which I absolutely love and see the man in action
Hrithik, keep inspiring us with positivity because I’m sure with the coming years we’re going to love you even more.
Mohenjo Daro releases August 12 2016.