So in an ideal world my mum would have me married with a kid by now (note ‘a’ because I have always stated I am only having one child).
Recently I have been feeling a little lost and don’t know what I want or what I am looking for, I don’t know what I want and have been questioning certain things like if I ever want to get married or have children.
And then I realise that of course I do, it is just that right now is not the right time.
Recently I was reading an article by one of my favourite writers Katy Horwood about why being single totally rocks! And then I got it. I’m not lost but I am just not looking for anything because I have everything I need. An amazing family, fabulous friends, a potentially fantastic career, a column in a national newspaper and if I want to have….erm…an intimate encounter…well I’m sure I could have one! (Not that I will because I’m not that kinda girl but let’s face it that is the only bad thing about being single!) but basically I think at the moment I am so content with being single that there perhaps isn’t room for a significant other in my life.
Katy states in her article reasons why being single rocks is for instance being able to have a gin n tonic in the bath on a Wednesday at 3pm and here are my reasons why being single totes rocks:
- I can eat my dinner whenever I like. If one day I want to eat at 7pm as soon as I get home from work and the next day not eat until 10pm then I will
- If I want to have a bottle of wine and tweet shit, on a Monday night, I can and will
- I can flirt with whomever I like
- I answer to no one (well apart from those who continue to question why I am single)
- I can write blogs like this
- You don’t have to pretend you like the movies/films/friends/restaurants and everything he likes!
- If I want to go to the gym I will. If I don’t I wont
- I can drink wine in the bath. Or in the shower. Everyday.
One day I will find a guy, live with him, get married and have kids (perhaps not all in that order) but until that day embrace your inner Bridget Jones. Eat, drink and be merry!