I dedicate this blog entry to myself and my lovely friends Mr TC & Mr RJ………..x
TC & RJ are of the few men you will ever meet who are the opposite of typical late twenties-early thirties man.
He will call, he will reply to texts, talk to you online, offer to go to the cinema with you, won’t wait ages between dates, be wanting to spend every moment with you, take you to Nandos, will care for you when you’re ill. All in all a great friend and he who holds the right characteristics a ‘proper gentleman’ should have.
Another example of the above would be Bolton Boy NP and the man dem DM who doesnt often call or text but will give me a call now and then just to say hi. Appreciate that. It is nice. Possibly because these guys are older and maybe they come from a slightly different way of thinking they know how to treat a woman right, be nice to her, buy her champagne and strawberries. Not just a quickie meeting and then, ok yeah, I need to go home to my mother and eat shak rotli…..
So whats gone wrong in the world with men? Are women too demanding? Are we women too fussy? I don’t think standing up for what you want and going out and getting what you desire is being demanding…
I’m very trusting and if a man says to me i’m busy with work or whatever I will think ok and I think it is acceptable when you are busy with work or whatever, because I can be super busy at work at times and not have time in the weekdays to meet someone but when it happens repeatedly to me I think – is it just me?
If a girl invites a guy over and the guy makes an excuse not to come, it’s not a good sign right? Its happened to so many of us, men and women.We may be reading too much into these so-called ‘excuses’ but it makes you think – is the guy actually too busy to come and see the girl? or to invite the girl to go see them? For wine, pizza and a dvd.
There are guys who would do anything to take a girl on a date but then there are guys who are too obsessed with themselves, in their own lives, with what they think is right and what they want to do………………Think about others for once!! We all have careers which we are trying to build but it does not hurt to think about others.
I think these above mentioned ‘mature men’ should combine and run a training course called
‘How to treat a woman’
It would include the following modules:
1. How to maintain communications
2. Do’s/Dont’s – do include her in your daily life, don’t ditch her for your friends, don’t keep talking about your mum to her, do buy her flowers (I particularly like lilies), don’t ignore her needs/desires and especially not put your requirements above her’s (well you can sometimes but make sure she feels like the most special woman in the world)
3. How – How to get to know a woman and know what a woman wants
4. Date Etiquette -Where to take her on a date/what to do when you are having a night in
And finally (and also what the final exam would be based on)
5. Honesty is the best policy – if you dont like her/only want to be friends with benefits/want to marry her/only want to be her friend/dont want to know her/like her but would like to spend more time in getting to know her – TELL HER!
Its not so much to ask to be slightly informed on the above areas. You dont have to text or call everyday, but the thing is, if you dont call her someone else will…………………….
Something to think about xxx
Priya Mulji x