Hello everyone and welcome to my first blog post of 2016! Yes, I know, it’s been a while but I promise to blog more this year!
So in true Asian Carrie Bradshaw style my first blog for the year is around dating, but nothing to do with my singleton woes.
So many people from different age ranges, men and women have asked me the same question:
‘I’ve been out of the dating scene for so long, where do I even start? Should I join a club or go to a singles event? Should I use Tinder or a dating website?’
So here are my five top tips for you!
- Don’t start dating until you are ABSOLUTELY READY – there is nothing worse for the other person if during entirety of the date you’re talking about your ex-wife/husband, how they cheated on you and how much he divorce is costing you! Travel, have new experiences, find yourself and get over the ex before you unleash yourself onto the dating world.
- Paying for a website doesn’t mean the quality of person is better than someone on a free app – in fact, I had a great relationship with someone I met from Tinder, I’ve been stood up by guys I’ve met on Match so you do the maths. However this doesn’t mean that it won’t work for you and I’ve heard great things from people who have used Plenty of Fish (free site), E-harmony & Match. It’s just that on the free sites you have to filter a little bit more.
- Practice chatting – try the free apps like Tinder and Happn, even if it is just for conversation practice. It can be daunting to start dating after a divorce, break-up or dating break so remember to take things one step at a time and only meet people once you’re 100% comfortable.
- Always be honest – there is nothing worse than hiding something from a potential partner, especially if you have kids or a crazy ex-wife/husband that has left you vulnerable. It isn’t fair on either person.
- Try everything, don’t limit yourself and be you! Date, have fun and try new things. Of course there will be times when you like someone and the feeling won’t be mutual but that’s okay because you’re putting yourself out there and that is the bravest thing to do.
Need more dating advice? Feel free to drop me an email email@example.com